Having a Corporate Social Responsibility policy that actually works
Our transport and recycling services and the way in which we deliver them are of key importance to us.
That's where our CSR policy comes in. Many people depend upon our business being a success. Our employees, our customers, our suppliers and the local and wider community are all affected by what we do and how we do it.
Our approach to CSR isn't about mounting an expensive PR exercise or being "right on".
Sound CSR to us simply means Whitkirk employees taking a responsible attitude and following straightforward moral and ethical principles in all areas that apply to our business.
- Whitkirk monitors how it treats it employees. For us this means more than simply complying with minimum employment law. It's about building firm relationships with employees, offering them an exciting career path in return for a fair employment package.
- Responsible dealing with only pre-approved suppliers.
- Never sub-contracting our transport operations. This affords us total control and accountability.
- Having a sound Environmental Policy that works.
- Operating a ZERO pollution policy.
- Providing a full audit trail of all wastes handled.
We accept that people want to do business with a company that they respectand trust and we see CSR as part of a continuing process of building long-term added value to our customers.
Charities & Fundraising
Whitkirk regularly supports local York charity events and fundraising groups.
We are passionate about our local rural community remaining strong and vibrant despite the hard economic climate. We help to sponsor the annual Huby & Sutton Agricultural Show which attracts over 5,000 local visitors per year.
Together we support regular social and charity fundraising events during the year within the Easingwold community.
Whitkirk have supported Easingwold Town football team, EFOCC (Easingwold Friends of Chernobyl Children), St Monicas Hospital, The Growing Zone (an allotment garden project for adults and children with special needs in Kippax, Leeds) plus lots of other great charitable causes.
If you are a local charity or fundraising team and would like to apply for some support with your work or for a charity event, please email us at email@example.com and we promise to take a look at your request.